What is Sexual Harassment?
Sexual harassment can include:
- sexual comments or jokes
- physical behaviour, including unwelcome sexual advances, touching and various forms of sexual assault
- displaying pictures, photos or drawings of a sexual nature
- sending emails with a sexual content
I’ve been affected by sexual harassment- what can I do?
University Procedure. If you choose to make a formal complaint to the University against a student or a member of staff there are procedures which set out the steps you'll need to follow.
Where can I get support?
- UCLan’s Wellbeing Advisors have a range of experience in many areas, including domestic abuse. They have received specialist training from Women’s Aid, Paladin, Laura Richards and more, as well as many having worked in refuges and for domestic abuse services. Contact us on 01772 893020 or make a report to an advisor to arrange an appointment.
- The National Stalking Helpline is run by the Suzy Lamplugh Trust and can give you information and advice on support and options available to you. Call: 0808 802 0300 to speak with them.
- Paladin is the National Stalking Advocacy service which assists high risk victims of stalking in England and Wales. You can call them on 020 3866 4107 between 9am and 3pm on weekdays except for Wednesdays when it is open 10am to 5pm. You can also email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Victim Support can explain the options available to you, provide you with practical help like personal alarms and give you emotional support for as long as you need.
- UCLan Students' Union Advice and Representation Centre. This is a free, confidential, impartial service where students can get advice and information on academic and personal issues, including advice on procedures and representation at hearings. The Advice and Representation Centre is also a hate crime reporting centre.
- If you are a student in Halls, all of the residences have a team of Residence Officers and Assistant Residences Officer. The team can provide you with assistance and support to make your time with us an enjoyable one.