The UCLan Counselling, Mental Health and Wellbeing team are continuing to provide support for students.

If you would like to access support, please complete our online referral form which can be found here. Alternatively, you can contact the wellbeing team on 01772 893020 or by emailing Wellbeing@uclan.ac.uk 

Please be aware that our telephone, voicemail and email are monitored from 09:00-21:00 Monday to Friday and from 10:00-18:00 on Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays, and we will respond to any emails and messages as soon as possible. 

If you have an emergency that requires immediate assistance from UCLan, please contact UCLan Security, who work collaboratively with our On Call Managers, on 01772 892068, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 
There is range of different support available for those affected by addiction. You can access self-help through apps and support websites, as well as making a referral to access personalised support.

If you are a student at UCLan, you can self refer to the Counselling, Mental Health and Wellbeing service if you are concerned about substance misuse or problem gambling that you, or someone you know, is affected by.

For staff at UCLan, the Staff Counselling Service offers a confidential, accessible counselling service to all its employees, in line with the  University's mission statement and policies . If you are a member of staff, you can email the Staff Counselling service to request an appointment. 

Drug and Alcohol Information and Support Agencies 


You may wish to contact a specialist service which supports people affected by substance misuse. Some links to these can be found below:


CGL Inspire – for all other clients (North Lancashire)

CGL Inspire – for all other clients (East Lancashire)


Unity is the Alcohol and Drug Recovery Service for Cumbria.

CADAS work with individuals and communities in Cumbria to reduce the harm caused by substance.

If you live in another region, you can find your local provider by searching for drug and alcohol support on your local council website. 

Gambling Information and Support Agencies

Beacon Counselling Trust are based in Liverpool and offer support for those affected by gambling personally, or by someone in their family. You can contact them by calling 0151 2260696, emailing gamcare@beaconcounsellingtrust.co.uk or completing the referral form on their site.

Gamcare provide a wide range of information and support. Their website contains a wealth of self help material including information on how to self exclude effectively, a self help workbook and a self assessment tool.

BigDeal is a place for young people to find information and support related to gambling, either for themselves or someone they care about. 

Following general wellbeing tips and developing support networks and positive coping strategies can help you move away from dependence on substances and gambling. See UCLan’s Counselling, Mental Health and Wellbeing pages for links to workshops, self-help and useful apps.



There are two ways you can tell us what happened