Domestic abuse and COVID-19
Boots Pharmacy are providing safe space models for anyone requiring support and advise due to incidents of domestic abuse. People who wish to use the safe space consultation room need to ask at the pharmacy counter. Once inside, they will find the 24-hour national domestic abuse helpline, the men’s advice line and phone numbers for services specific to Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
From 14th January, victims of domestic abuse will be able to access much needed support from thousands of pharmacies across the UK, backed by the government.
The Ask for ANI scheme allows those at risk or suffering from abuse to discreetly signal that they need help and access support. By asking for ANI, a trained pharmacy worker will offer a private space where they can understand if the victim needs to speak to the police or would like help to access support services such as a national or local domestic abuse helplines. For more information, please click here.
- Women’s Aid
- Men’s Advice Line
- Galop runs the National LGBT+ Domestic Abuse specialist helpline.
- Imkaan is a women’s organisation addressing violence against black and minority women and girls.
- Sexual assault referral centres
- SignHealth provides domestic abuse service support for deaf people in British Sign Language (BSL).
- Stay Safe East provides specialist and holistic advocacy and support services to disabled victims and survivors of abuse